Today, Sept. 8, marked a momentous milestone at Peninsula School District – the very first day for our adorable kindergarteners! 🍎 Welcome to the Class of 2036! 🎓✨
We are a welcoming community of learners who inspire and empower each other to lead, and dream.
We empower learners to be...
- Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, Critical Thinkers
- Effective Communicators, Reflective Goal Setters and Self-Advocates
- Innovators Who Wonder, Create, and Inspire
- Contributors and Caretakers of the Community
- Inclusive, Valuing Diversity and Different Perspectives
Because we value...
- Kindness and Empathy
- Growth Mindset
10811 Harbor Hill Drive
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
David Brooks - Principal
School supplies for PSD students are being delivered this week to our schools, marking a significant stride towards fostering inclusive and equitable learning environments.
Each student will receive a curated kit of supplies, tailored to their grade level's needs. 📝 ✏️ 🖍️
PSD is looking for volunteers to join our Special Education Parent Advisory Committee to help provide an inclusive learning space and support for all of PSD's students.
The focus of SEPAC is;
•To develop a Special Education Family Education series, scheduled throughout the school year;
•To develop opportunities for relationship building between Special Education families, PSD staff, and community partners; and
•To promote inclusion through equal opportunities and access to quality education for ALL students, regardless of their abilities, backgrounds, or differences.
Volunteers interested in becoming a SEPAC member can apply here
As we gear up for another exciting school year, we want to remind you about an important opportunity that goes beyond just meals. Now is the time to apply for the Free/Reduced Meals Application for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. This program offers a wide range of benefits that extend far beyond the cafeteria.
August and September Dates
- Monday, August 28- class placement will go out via ParentSquare
- Tuesday, August 29 - Swift Water office opens back up from 9:00 - 3:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 30 - Meet the Teacher - students with last names A-M arrive at 4:30 - 5:00 pm and students with the last names N - Z arrive from 5:00 - 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 5 - Grades 1 - 5 - First Day of School - 9:00 AM start
- Wednesday, September 6 - Late Start Wednesday - 10:00 AM start
- Friday, September 8 - Kindgergarten - First Day of School - 9:00 AM start
- Wednesday, September 13 - Late Start Wednesday - 10:00 AM start
PSD leaders interviewed some talented candidates and are happy to announce four candidates have been chosen as the new deputy principals, beginning in the 2023-2024 school year.
Danielle Fischer has been chosen as the new Deputy Principal for Harbor Heights Elementary. Kim Kinney has been chosen as the new Deputy Principal for Pioneer Elementary. Niccole Griffin has been chosen as the new Deputy Principal for Swift Water Elementary. Kelli Demonte has been chosen as the new Deputy Principal for Voyager Elementary.